Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Trip to Savannah


For President's Day weekend we decided to take a trip down to Savannah, Georgia. This is a quaint little tourist town where the movie Forrest Gump was filmed. It is the cutest town! We went to the beach, ate at a fabulous seafood restaurant on the river, and browsed through all the shops downtown. We also walked through several of the "squares" in Savannah. They have little parks on almost every block that are called squares. We even visited the famous square where Forrest Gump sat on the bench and said, "Life is like a box of chocolates..." At least we think we did anyway. They all pretty much look the same so it was hard to tell. Anyway, we had a wonderful time in Savannah. We were able to stay with the Sparks who are family friends of Daniel's. They invited us to come back any time and we might just take them up on that!
The temperature was in the 70's while we were there. Just perfect for walking on the beach!
This is River Street, which is where we ate the seafood. Right beside this street is the river or canal where these huge cargo ships came to unload their shipments. It was amazing to see because these boats were ginormous!


3 comments:

The Hopsons said...

I think I'm the first to leave a comment on your blog. Sweet! Well, then, allow me to welcome y'all to the blogosphere. Looks like it's been non-stop fun since you guys got married. Glad we got to meet Daniel before you got hitched.

Sara said...

Wow, E. Rose! You are looking super-thin! I guess you're not pregnant? :)

I'm glad you're a blogger now! It makes me feel awful about not blogging lately . . . I think it's been about two months . . .

Marcus and Jenny said...

Rose, I am so excited that you have a blog. You're pictures are fabulouso! And you look great. Are you still training? I'm so bummed I had to stop. I'm still going to do it one day. Who knew we'd get a baby so fast? Anyway. I tried to call, but it looks like you guys were having a little get-away. I'll talk to you yet lil' Rosebud. Love ya.