Sunday, October 19, 2008

I promise I'm not a drug user!


About a week and a half ago I had my glucose screening test to find out if I am at risk for gestational diabetes. Well, I got a call from the doctor's office that my glucose was high so I had to go back for a three hour glucose test. So last week I had to go back to the doctor's office and stay there for 3 hours. They drew my blood when I got there, then had me drink that sugar filled drink. After that they drew my blood 3 more times for 3 hours! That's a total of 4 times, 2 in each arm. So about a week later this is what I look like with the lovely bruises on my arms from being "poked" so many times. I try to hide my arms when I go out so people won't think I'm a drug user. By the way, I haven't heard back from the doctor's office so I think I'm in the clear for gestational diabetes. Whew!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh goodness...I'm so not good with needles, and I swear I am light headed after looking at your arms. I had to cover the picture because it was making me sick. I don't know how you made it through that glucose test. Somehow I made it through having a baby, but the needles, I just can't do. (Still feeling light headed by the way)

Jess said...

I"m so sorry....I went for an appointment today and there was a girl there doing the same thing. I can't imagine being there for that long!! It's bad enough to hear..nope you're not doing anything and go home :)