Sunday, June 24, 2012

The L sound

Noah has trouble saying the L sound.  He says a Y (as in yes) sound in place of the L.  Being a speech therapist, I know that this is totally normal and I shouldn't be worried about it.  Well, one day I couldn't help it so I showed him how to make the L sound by putting his tongue behind his top teeth.  He tried but couldn't get it.  So I let it go and thought we would just try again later.  The next day he came up to me and placing his tongue in the correct position said, "La La Lei-La".  He has a friend in Mississippi named Leila and I told him that her name has the L sound in it.  He said the sound and her name correctly!  It was so cute.  Now you can hear him randonmly practicing his L sound.  It's so cute because he has to really concentrate to do it the right way.  But he'll walk around going "La La Lei-La".  He should be really good at saying Leila's name so the next time we see her he can say, "Hey La La Lei-la".

2 comments:

The Crolleys said...

So cute how he keeps practicing. What a smart little guy for picking up on it so quickly after you showed him!

C said...

Nice slp work! :)