Monday, May 12, 2008

Cowtippers

A few weeks ago we went to dinner with some friends of ours. They had seen this restaurant called Cowtippers and thought it looked cool. So we decided to try it out. When we got there, I thought it looked really fun because you could sit outside under a tree that was practically growing in the middle of the patio. Well, after we met our waiter (who was pretty "femmi") and his "bodyguard" friend who he was training, I started to notice something about the people at the other tables. There were either all guys or all girls sitting together. There were very few guy-girl combinations. We were either at a gay and lesbian restaurant or it was gay/lesbian night! I have to say I felt a little awkward. I had never been in that situation before in my sheltered little life. After a while it was pretty obvious that all of the waiters and waitresses were gay or lesbian as well. We laughed so hard about it on the way out and decided we had to get a picture to document this eventful evening. What an adventure!

6 comments:

H.Cook said...

Rose, that is soooo funny! I bet people were looking at you guys strangely too.

Jess said...

That's pretty dang funny. :) Thanks for sharing. Did you know we went on the same cruise you, Nikki, and Jessy went on? Check out our blog for pics.

D-n-E said...

Wow, Rose, who knew? All of us who served with you as missionaries are looking back and trying to remember any tell-tale signs. :)

Marcus and Jenny said...

That's pretty hilarous Rose! Ha!

Erika said...

I'm so excited that I just found your blog. What fun pictures (and funny stories!).

Sara said...

Ha! Yes, it is mainly a gay and lesbian restaurant, but they do have incredible chocolate cake!

:)